Universal Studios Singapore is a theme park located within Resorts World Sentosa on Sentosa Island, Singapore. It was a key component of Genting’s bid for the right to build Singapore’s second integrated resort. On 8 December 2006, the Singapore government announced that the consortium had won the bid, and the construction of the theme park and the rest of the resort started on 19 April 2007. It is the second Universal Studios Theme Parks to open in Asia, and the first in Southeast Asia. The official plans for the park were unveiled to the public when Universal Studios Singapore released a map of it to the public on 20 October 2009. Universal Studios Singapore has since attracted more than 2 million visitors in the 9 months from its opening although the park has not fully completed.
Universal Parks & Resorts is marketing the park as a "one-of-its-kind theme park in Asia" and promised that the park will be the only one of its kind in Southeast Asia for the next 30 years.
- Hollywood : Themed after the real Hollywood Boulevard of the 70s, framed by dynamic architecture, palm trees and the famous Hollywood ‘Walk of Fame’.
- New York : Themed after post-modern New York City that features sidewalks and classic landmarks that mimics its impressive cityscape, enhanced by neon lights and flanked by street facades that set the scenes for big city fun and also real-time movie production for most Hollywood blockbuster films.
- Sci-Fi City : Themed after what cities and metropolis may look like in the future, equipped with space-age technologies and the ultimate modern conveniences.
- Ancient Egypt : Themed after the rich Egyptian architecture and artifacts found during the Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration in the 1930s.
- The Lost World : Features two smaller themed regions: Jurassic Park and Waterworld.
- Far Far Away : Themed after the Kingdom of Far Far Away, based on DreamWorks Animations’ Shrek.
- Madagascar : Features a displaced cargo ship that houses the ‘Madagascar: A Crate Adventure’ ride, this zone features all the characters from DreamWorks Animations’ Madagascar.
- Location : Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore
- Address : 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269
- Owner : Genting Group
- Opened : 18 March 2010
- Operating season : All Year Round
- Area : 20 hectares (49 acres)
- Rides : 20 total
- 5 roller coasters
- 2 water rides
Incoming search terms:
- universal studio singapore
- universal studios singapore
- singapore universal studios
- singapore universal studio
- universal singapore
- universal studio sentosa
- universal studios
- singapore theme park
- universal studios sentosa
- universal park